Diamond Roll-Rings Internal Design
- Two gold plated ¾” diameter Roll-Rings .
- Roll-Rings captured between inner  and outer  gold plated conductive races.
- The stator races are terminated to the standard connector .
- The rotor races are connected to lead wires that exit the interior of the shaft  (wires not shown).
- Each channel is isolated by axial  and radial  insulators.
This particular design layout minimizes high frequency coupling and enables Roll-Rings to successfully pass data at rates up to 15 Mbit/s. Most Roll-Ring devices are produced with bearings  to ensure the conductive races stay in proper alignment under operation (some units are bearing-less and rely on the system pedestal for alignment). Depending on the environment, dynamic seals  may be included.
Roll-Rings are uniquely capable of accommodating most manufacturing tolerance variations and as a result stacking up to and beyond 70 channels is possible while maintaining life and electrical performance. The Roll-Ring interface does not require lubrication and is thus suitable for full vacuum application.